Re: muLinux on a harddisk

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 13:01:05 CEST

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 11:35:17AM +0200, Johannes Krausmüller nicely wrote:
> > Issue a /bin/clone command and select EXT2 cloning, specifying a spare
> > partitions. Then, use "liloconfig". Please, report problems.
> >
> > Michele
>
> Thanks, this command really helps me. But I've got some problems.
> I used the /bin/clone command and selected EXT2 cloning. Then I was asked to
> specify a DESTINATION partition. For me this was /dev/hda1. After this I was
> asked to specify a BOOT partition (the default was /dev/fd0), but I do not
> want to start muLinux from a DOS-filesystem, why should I then specify such
> a BOOT partition?

This functions is not provided. I suggest you only a workaround which allow
you to copy muLinux in an EXT2 partition. muLinux cloned requires DOS
to start. If you have basic Linux experience, you have to put your LILO
on mbr,

>But perhaps this is not important for my aim. So the next
> question is: What do you mean with 'use liloconfig'?

You have only to issue "liloconfig" at the prompt (EXT addon
*required*).

> My last question is: If everything works like I want it to do and after a
> while I want to add the X11-addon, what has to be done? First download the
> addon, and then?

You can clone first. Then, you can download the X11.tgz file and
put it in floppy-disk using:

                # fdformat /dev/fd0H1722
                # cat X11.tgz > /dev/fd0H1722

A this point:

                # setup -f X11

load the addon directly in the cloned system.