Re: Add new users/accounts

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 13:43:06 CEST

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 10:38:08AM +0200, Christian nicely wrote:
> I'm newbie, I've installed muLinux (umsdos) successfully within all
> available packages. After the whole setup a I tried to find a way to add
> a new users/account right now but commands like "adduser" o "useradd"
> seems not present. Dir. /sbin/ are "empty"like many others, there is
> only one file... Inside X I tried to looking for a some tools to help me
> but no results......uhmmm I'm thinking, I'm not able to use it!

I think your images are corrupted or something bad happened loading them.
Multi-user is in EXT floppy: you have a very-good "passwd" command,
to change password:

                # passwd user-name

You can add users in the system using my AWK script adduser

                # adduser

Please, check the existence of this commands using:

                # which passwd
                # which adduser

<it>

Cosa vedi quando batti "df"? La vedi una entry relativa a /usr/local?
Questo e' l'addon EXT. Se EXT non e' correttamente caricato, la parte
multi-user non e' attiva.

</it>