Re: mu - Tech - sendmail and bare LF ; diald.conf

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 08:41:51 CEST

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 10:50:08PM +0000, Thomas Wille nicely wrote:

> But when I tried the little sendmail-script, I got the following log file:

> Dialog started at: Sun Apr 2 10:27:15 2000
> mail: thomas.wille@gmx.de -> recipient @gmx.de
> Smarthost: smtp.addcom.de

[snip]

> Indeed the outgoing messages situated at /usr/spool/mail have only the
> character '0a' between the lines, which is the LF symbol. And at the end
> there is a dot LF dot as described in the article above. Mu-sendmail seems to
> copy these files as they are to the net, instead of adding some CR's.
>
> So have I to alter my sendmail-script? Maybe it is sufficient to add an
> unix2dos somewhere in this script. But it should only have effect to the
> message body, not to the header, because connection was already established.
>
> Does anybody have a working patch?

Open the file /usr/script/net.lib and locate the function send(), then
change

        echo -e "$@\r" ->>> echo -e "$@\r\n"

A unix2dos is already in for the body: see the file smtp.pro, in the
same directory.
In this file, try to change "send ." with:

                send ""
                send "."

Now, the two instructions send \r\n . \r\n.

Uhmm ... this is a Microsoft mail server?

> 2nd question: diald.conf:
>
> which are the correct values for NAMESERVER and NETWORK if you have a single
> workstation connected by modem?

NAMESERVER is the IP for the Internet DNS: diald intercept packet going
to this address (port 53) and start connection. NETWORK is the network
allowed to start diald. In you case, try wint 127.0.0.0.