Re: cloning question

From: Chris Ellec (cellec@elecsysinc.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 23:39:51 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 11:08:41PM +0000, Chris Ellec nicely wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I am installing onto a Laptop, 8Mb RAM and 100Mb hard disk. I start with the
> > base floppy and ramdisks, then do a "clone".
> >
> > Everything seemed to work fine, but when I reboot, the hard disk is mounted as
> > read only, and I can not login. The error message says there is something wrong
> > about the pair pty/tty. I don't know if the two problems are related though.
> >
> > I can boot with the floppy again, then mount /dev/hda1.
> >
> > What did I do wrong ?
> >

> Please, report release number. Did you change the kernel?
> Michele

It's 8r2b, from a standard base (startup) floppy, with just boot and usr loaded.
Then I go into the "menu" and type "C". The cloning process seems to work, I pick
the partitions, it installed and didn't give any error message.

Then I do a shutdown -r 0, and the system comes back with a disk mouted as read only
and I can not login.

What can I try ?

Chris.