startx kills gpm

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 23:02:24 CEST

        Does anyone know why startx contains gpm -k ?

        I found it very annoying after leaving X to be in the
middle of typing a command only to find that I had no cut
and paste facility available without aborting the partly
completed command line and running "setup gpm" I also found
the lack of gpm frustrating when switching between X and a
virtual console.
        I have commented out the gpm -k line in the startx script.
Using a ps2 mouse, gpm and mouse support within X both
appear to function correctly.

Clive