Re: [mu TECH] testing TEX.tgz addon

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:56:30 CEST

On 31 Mar 00, at 23:49, Michele Andreoli <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> > what's interesting. It's just that two-color low-res rasterization
> > is innately prone to roughness.
>
> But, they has the same roughness in my Debian, with Matrox G200 and
> modern X-Window system.

LyX must use a two-color rasterization algorithm, no matter how many colors the
screen has?

Reading more about fonts in general just now, it looks like the term I ought to
have been using was not "rasterization algorithm", (which is descriptive
enough), but "anti-aliasing".

So: LyX probably must not contain any anti-aliasing algorithms?

For readers seeking a more impressive vocabulary, (or who know as little about
this topic as me), here are some brief definitions, with pictures and
advertisements:

http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/Graphics/Tools/Photoshop/anti-alias.html
http://www.mackido.com/Dojo/AntiAliasing.html

This next HOWTO probably won't fix LyX, but I have used it for my Debian system
to enhance NetScape's readability. It contains a trick to use Win95 TrueType
fonts in some X apps, like Netscape. Maybe this is treason.

XFree86 Font Deuglification Mini HOWTO
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU.html