Re: ramdisk question

From: Chris Ellec (cellec@elecsysinc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 20:14:07 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 11:22:28PM +0000, Chris Ellec nicely wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I am trying to load mulinux into RAM, and not use the HD at all.
> >
> > I made standard BASE and X11 floppies, but when loading the X11 one, about half
> > way it says "no space left on device".
>
> !! Please, what is the release number? It's not possibile.

> Do you mixed archives from different releases?

No, it's all from 8r2b. I made a standard BASE and X floppy. I boot the base,
changed the /tmp to 4096 and said no to everything else. then I run setup -a and say
yes to the X11 add on. I insert the floppy, and it starts loading the files, but
says " no space left on device"

after that it says somnething about "feels good about this X11". I go through the
rest of the questions, setting up the mouse and saying no to everything else.

When all is done, I type "df" and the result looks like this:
/dev/ram0 1600 1600 0 100% /
/dev/fdh1772 572 567 5 99% /startup

so I think the problem is that the ramdisk is too small to install everything on it.
I couldn't find anything in the doc about changing the ramdisk size.

Thanks for your help, and keep up the good work !

Chris.