Re: identd

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:24:24 CEST

Output from sniffit and tcpdump could be quite valuable to learn a bit
about identd protocol....or at least exactly what info needs to be
passed.
>From what I understand indentd uses port 331

signed
winsor

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 10:41:18PM -0600, winsor nicely wrote:
> > Could netcat (included in muLinux) be set up to act as an identd
> > server???
> >

> Only if someone know about protocol used.
>
> Michele
>
> --
> I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't
> remember any. Would two negative ones do? -- Woody Allen

The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to use. Point and click
software is too restrictive and difficult to do anything productive
with.