Re: [SETUP] Why not?

From: Renato (renato@jfrj.gov.br)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 17:19:17 CEST

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 24/03/00 at 21:24 Michele Andreoli wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:51:29PM +0100, Neo nicely wrote:
>> Why don't you use the linux install program (it's name is mu, isn't it?)?
>> There you get a list of disks to install and you can directly choose the X11
>> floppy or whatever.
>>
>> Enno Welbers
>>

>Yes, Renato. This is not a joke. Time ago, I ported the "mu" script
>from my Linux to muLinux. If you unpack mulinux.tgz in a directory
>of your vfat disk, you
>
>1) boot from muLinux
>2) access this directory
>3) to use "mu" builder in the normal (Linux) way
>

>Otherwise, rebuild your addon by hand:
>
> # fdformat /dev/fd0H1722
> # cat X11.tgz > /dev/fd0H1722
>
>Michele

Thanks Enno for sugestion and Michele for the kind explanation.
As I allways don't know where I can find mu, I made TEX using a fractured method:
I created a directory where I unpacked dostools and copied mulinuxr81b and TEX.
 From DOS, I used install to untar mulinux and create mu in this directory.
>From UMSDOS mulinux, mu -i tex
As you can see I'm ready to work in Microsoft! (8-D)
Your 2 solutions are clearly more elegant but I am sure I will forget both next time I need mu.

renato ( from Rustic Software Foundation Overseas Newbie-forever Department)