Re: Adding PCMCIA Drivers

From: Neo (Neo.the.Matrix@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 22:42:59 CET

----- Original Message -----
From: Ronen Tal <ronen_t@bigfoot.com>
To: <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk>
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2000 9:57 PM
Subject: Adding PCMCIA Drivers

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Linux & to muLinux.
> I am running muLinux on my 486/33SX & it dose not support my PCMCIA
Ethernet card.

> I have downloaded files that have to be compiled to the kernel (I think)
but I do not know how to do it.

> The manufacturer say that the addon shuled run on a machine with REDHAT
with no problem,

> How can I get some help ?
>
> Thank You.
>

> _______________________
> Ronen Tal
> Email : ronen_t@bigfoot.com
> ICQ : 4349753

I do not know much about PCMCIA yet, but if you have a driver disk of your
PCMCIA ethernet device, you should look on it. On my Ethernet driver disk,
there is a linux driver that is loadable as a module. I know how to compile
the kernel, but It is hard for me to describe it, because there are so many
things that work relative to the system you compile him on. And I don't
think that the mulinux gcc addon is powerful enough to compile the kernel.

cu,
Enno Welbers