Re: [mu OT] Greetings

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 08:48:07 CET

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 08:28:07PM -0500, Unit 4 nicely wrote:

> No, I mean just a text copy of the steps that the users goes through
> during installation. Not a program at all. It would allow them to "fill in
> the blanks" on paper so that they will have all the names and numbers they
> need to put in when the installer is run.

MuLinux 'a la carte'!!
Better solution should be a web page with fill-in form, then user print
the page.

> }An Installation-Guide for DOS users? A GUIDE which cover all possible
> }trouble for DOS user.
>
> The major problems, yes. In DOS language, so they can install without
> feeling totally lost. Make Linux friendly to them, so they will feel
> welcome.
>
> If you would tell me where to look for the list of questions that the
> installer asks, I will make that part of the docs.

That's the question. To explains the meaning of all Setup questions,
is equipotential to publish a book about Linux, because you have to
cover networking, serial port, etc.

Maybe, another solution existes: I can add a "h" to Setup prompt:

        Do you want ... (y/n/h)?

The 'h' switch can shows a lot of additional info, but I can write
all that in english.