Re: mu SETUP

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 17:52:12 CET

This is another case in which booting from a "win95 startup disk"
may help.
I don't know exactly why, but it seems that "pure DOS" mode in win95
isn't "pure" DOS.
I've had this problem on several machines and until recently created
muLinux disk sets on an old 386 :)

good luck
signed
winsor

Sypniewski wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> >From my reading about muLinux I've found that this clever package can
> pave my road to get some Linux experience. It is small simple and it has
> everything I need. This software is ideal tool for study and starting
> point to future work. Unfortunately I have some trouble to load this
> software on my laptop. After I've typed "install" from pure DOS (Win95)
> the system is probed normally until the last message and it crashes.
> Here is the last message I've got:
>
> VFS: Cannot open toot device 03:41
> Karnel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:41
>
> What am I doing wrong? I would very much appreciate your comments.
>
> Best regards Joe Sypniewski

The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to use. Point and click
software is too restrictive and difficult to do anything productive
with.