Re: [mu TECH] kernel upgrade

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:23:08 CET

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 12:01:04PM -0800, ZER0 FREQUENCY nicely wrote:
> Does muLinux support the newer kernels? I'm just wondering. I'm a newbie
> in linux and wanted to try out muLinux first. Btw, kudos to Michele
> Andreoli! Tis a great distribution! :>

If you replace mulinuz in c:\linux, in a UMSDOS installation, probabily
you will have not much problem. But you have to change also modules,
obvioulsy. In addition, network command like "ifconfig" do not works
well.

On the other hand, to put a kernel 2.2.* in a floppy is difficult,
because you have to remove a lot of binaries, reducing muLinux to
a next to trivial system.

I think, to change kernel in muLinux is a non-sense.