Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux 7r11b released

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 13:43:03 CET

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 09:57:56PM +0000, Clive Wright nicely wrote:

> I unpacked the old dostools in
> c:\dostools and all went relatively well except for a typing
> error "setup is ispecting your computer" should be
> "inspecting".

Corrected.

> That was too easy and you did say "test it" so
> I moved \dostools to g: (/dev/hdb7). This time it failed
> completely. I enclose part of the narrative together with my
> partition table as seen by fdisk.
>
> VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS filesystem on dev 03:07.
> UMSDOS Beta 0.6 (compatibility level 0.4, fast msdos)
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address
> c4defbe4

dev 03:07 (major 3, minor 7) is /dev/hda7

> /dev/hda7 651 780 524128+ 7 HPFS/NTFS

This is your NTFS partition.

> .
> Segmentation fault
> Mounting /dev/hdb1 ...
> mount: /dev/hdb1 already mounted or /mnt busy

The problem is: segmentation fault. Aborting, the script do not
umount /mnt. Then, at next probe, the mounting of first /dev/hdb* series
fail. This is the "/mnt busy" message.

What happen normally when you mount /dev/hda7 without -t switch from
the mulinux console?