Re: muLinux and glibc2

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 22:52:13 CET

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 06:05:47PM +0100, Mike.Georgi@RSD.rsd.de nicely wrote:

> My questions: Can I update the muLinux just with copying the
> new libraries from
> lets say SuSE 6.3 into a directory on the muLinux system?

To upgrade simply copying the new library is possible only if
you change accordly ALL the muLinux binary. Obviously, the
system will not fit in a single floppy-disk: glibc2 are enourmous,
believe me.

If you need simply of a control system (i/o serial/parallel port's
support?) libc5 do the work, I thing.

The better solution is to compile your package in a full libc5 system,
usually with kernel 2.0.*

Did you tried with GCC addon? What kind of C header files are missing?
I think, in muLinux /usr/include is almost complete in the standard
part. Only missing are /usr/include/linux, but this part can be
fetched from the 2.0.36 kernel source, directory include/linux.

The standard part is suitable, for example, for serial port programming,
because "miterm" compile well.