Re: [mu TECH] Midnight Commander's F3 View starts slow?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 18:05:42 CET

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 08:29:12AM -0500, Alfie Costa nicely wrote:
> On 11 Feb 00, at 10:56, Michele Andreoli <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:
>
> > I do not know how MC works, but I know it is highly configurable using
> > a lot of text files. You should be able to assign to F3 what you wish.
> >
> > You find this configuration file in /usr/vnc/etc/mc.
>
> Couldn't find them there, was that a typo for /usr/vnc/lib/mc?

Yes, a mistake. There is a link

                /usr/vnc/lib/mc -> /usr/lib/mc

beacuse MC expect to find his stuff in /usr/lib/mc.

> > For the general question of monitor a binary, there is in Linux
> > a very nice command called "strace", which saved me more times.
>
> Thanks! I DL'd the powerful strace from MISC at sunsite, and it's just as you
> say. I had cruder MsDos-based programs in mind that didn't do 1/10 as much.
> Ran strace on mc, but haven't been able to understand what mc is doing yet.

Using strace is solved, in the past, very strange malfunctions in some
binary.
BTW, In my test, F3, works; and also F4; Fi when i=1,9 works.

If lynx browser is active (in the path, EXT installed) also .html
are resolved.