[ mu INSTALL ] Files bigger than Disks

From: Martin_Doering@mn.man.de
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 14:33:46 CET

Hi!

At friday I got all the mulinux stuff for installation. I have a 486 without a
CDROM. No network connection. So: How do i get all the stuff to my 486, if all
the .tgz-files do not fit on a 3,5 " floppy?

Do I think wrong / did something wrong? Or is the software not partitioned in a
good way?

I got it running by putting it all on about 8 floppies with a multi disk spanned
archive - unarchiving it on the 486 (where I had WINZIP installed just for this
purpose - and Win95 was installed before). But it was hard work . nearly half an
hour.

Isn't it possible to get the data fitting on some disks or to download images I
could put on disks with rawrite or such?

Martin Doering