Re: [mu ANNOUNCE]

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 15:07:30 CET

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 09:19:10PM +0100, Csillag Tamás nicely wrote:

> >To Michele Andreoli:
> >
> >Hello Michele I have a new plan:
> >
> >When I start mulinux I usually press enter at 'Press enter to stop
> >autoconfiguration' After that I login to TTY1 and TTY2. In TTY2 I write
> >this command "setup -a" and while the script running I type exit (enter)
> >This do the boot process is more faster then normal boot, because I can use
> >all TTY expect TTY2.
> >
> >My plan: Move the autoconfiguration script to another console with autoexit
> >(when it finished exit)
> >
> >If you think is a good plan writeme a letter.
> >

> Please reply.

I already answered to this email, but maybe it do not reached the list.
I this my emails I was suggesting to add the symbol "&" after the command

                setup -a custom > /var/tmp/boot.log &

in /etc/rc.5.

In this way, setup is done in background. The problem is: what happen
the very first time? In this case the same comand "setup -a custom" need
of user interaction. In UMSDOS this work.

Sorry: I do not like this solution.