Re: X-server setup

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 21:02:24 CET

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 10:27:33AM -0800, chris wakefield nicely wrote:
> Hello mulinux group.
> I'm trying to configure my x-server but the XF86Config file doesn't seem
> to editable in pion. I tried to import (an umdos winlinux) XF86Config
> file, but mu says it's not compatiable. Is there an interactive setup
> program such as "XF86Config" with Mulinux, if not could someone assist
> me in using pion to edit the right file? Thanks, Chris.

You have to edit by hand (with vi, or ae) the file

                /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF96Config.in

This file is translated by Setup and uploaded in /etc/X11/XF86Config.

But, believe me, this file is not for humans eyes. I can suggest
you only to enlarge the horiz-freq. To touch any MODE entry by hand
is equipotential to compute the Swartzchild radius of the Universe with
a bugged abacous, or with an TI-58 without batteries.