[mu TECH] "INIT: Error Message"

From: Mardon Erbland (merbland@forterie.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 10:57:40 CET

I am a complete Linux novice who has recently installed muLinux on an old
486DX, 40MHz w/ 8Mb RAM, VGA, Mouse, modem, D-Link ISA NIC. If I can
figure things out well enough, I intend to try using this machine as a 'firewall'
for my home network.

Anyway, the installation has gone amazingly well except for one apparent
problem. I continuely get the following message:

INIT" Id "T1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.

This message keeps repeating over and over. Can you point me to the cause
and solution? Since I'm such a novice, I am not certain what other information
may be helpful to you. Here's a couple of items:

UMSDOS muLinux installation
Kernel 2.0.36

While booting, the following INIT related messages appear:
INIT: Version 2.60 booting
INIT: Switching to run level 5
INIT: Sending process the TERM signal

Thanks in advance for any suggestions taht you can offer.

Regards, Mardon