Re: [mu TECH] mu doesn't start at my 386

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 21:58:42 CET

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 12:35:54PM -0600, winsor nicely wrote:
> To Michele,
>
> Would you know of the locations of any of the ancient versions of
> muLinux???
> I used to have a very good time playing with these old "one diskers"
>
> signed
> winsor

Sorry: I never keep release older that 1 or 2. In recent release I
changed (a little) the dimension of ramdisk to fit new addon.

Anycase, the first floppy is basically equipotential with the
ancient release. The major change is about Lynx. In Old version,
a stripped Lynx is on the first floppy. Now, a full Lynx is in
the floppy #2.

In my opinion, to return back is a very bad idea. Better solution
will be to write an installer in C, which do not use the shell-script
and do not fork. The problem is the code relative to bzip2 and tar.

A second solution is to provide a small root.gz, projected for
to install and to die.