Re: [mu WIN98] Win98 Installation

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 00:13:39 CET

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:50:01PM +0000, Clive Wright nicely wrote:

> I have copied a "complete" win98 installation from a master hard drive
> to an identical partition on a larger slave hard drive, removed the
> original hard drive and promoted the slave to master. In this instance
> booting from a recovery disk and issueing "sys c:" was enough to
> resurrect the system, but as no other changes were made there was no
> mismatch between hardware and device drivers.

I did exactly that you nicely descripted here, with an additional
problem: source installation is for a notebook, very different
from destination machine.

> Anyway as the master of mu; why this flirtation with win98?

This flirtation is generated by another flirtation
allegramente started time ago with a girl, now my wife.
My wife do not like Linux.
Uhmn: my mother was always tolding me "Michele, do not flirt with girls:
it's dangerous". I now know what she was meaning :-)