Re: [mu WIN98] Win98 Installation

From: jeremy@visi.com
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 16:20:39 CET

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 07:50:26AM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:
> I' over this point: win98 boot properly. I see this stage:
>
> 1) autoexec.bat stuff
> 2) the big screen with Windows logo
> 3) something appairs authentication screen
> 4) system block
>
> I also tried removing system.dat and user.dat as suggest, but no
> success.

Can you boot into safe mode? (press f8 at boot)

If you can boot into safe mode, maybe going into the system control
panel, and removing EVERYTHING would then give you a blank slate
with which to rebuild your system.

Granted, I've never done this, so making an offering to your
favorite saints/pagan dieties may be in order before so drastic
a measure...

Jeremy