Re: muLinux question.

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 08:57:25 CET

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 09:20:00PM +0000, ChBeer@t-online.de nicely wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I am very new to muLinux. I used to use RedHat before wich contained
> every Application that I needed. So does muLinux, but I am wondering about
> what to do, to be able to use GCC on muLinux not only to do "Hello
> World" kind of things. I am NOT THAT deep into Linux as I am willing to get
> this knowledge through muLinux.
>
> Thanks in advance for your replies

muLinux GCC disk works for mostly general-purpose C-program, but
the header files related to Linux /usr/include/linux are not complete.

Neverthless, if you download from the Net a Linux kernel, for example
2.0.36, and unpack it in a UMSDOS installation, you find in it the
complete include/linux tree. Copy it in right place and gcc work well.

GCC disk contains only a subsystem of wath is required for compiling
a Linux kernel: there is "make", there is "nm", "ldconfig", etc,
but kernel compiling tool require "bash". We have no bash, sorry.
You can do "module programming", if you want, with muLinux. Module
programming require only the header-files contained in the kernel
source code, and no external library.

Anycase, muLinux is projected for transportability.