Re: Y2K Reports

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 17:57:40 CET

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 08:23:53AM -0500, Sabina & Franz nicely wrote:

> As the world experiences midnight hour by hour, I wish to hear of any
> reports of muLinux deaths, crashes, or gasps.

I got a report about y2k failure on a muLinux embedded system on
the "Capraia" island. They enjoy muLinux in a new kind of distributed
geographic WAN, based on the sewerage underground network (Internet
sulla Rete Fognaria). Oh mon dieu, that new technologies!

> More seriously, a happy and healthy New Year to all, and many thanks for
> all the intensive work that has been contributed.

I extend these wishes to all the subscribers. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2k!

> 1999 was a HUGE year for
> tiny muLinux, and has truly made Linux fun for me! Thank you, thank you,
> thank you...and keep up the fantastic work!

Next millennium we can upgrade the unit range value, from "micro" to
"milli", and to call muLinux "mLinux".

ciao!