Re: [mu Beta] Start a BetaTest? (was: PNP addons)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 03:37:28 CET

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 05:26:50PM +0000, Karl-Heinz Zimmer nicely wrote:

> don't forget: noi tedeschi may be terrible ;) people
> but sometimes (rarely) _even_we_ show a slight sense of humor! :)

A propos: in Hamburg you are protestants or cattolics? I know, southern
Germany is cattolic, but what about prussian nord-east ?

> of course it would be fine to have a
> stable, bug-free muLinux 7r5 ma non è ''il senso della vita''. ;)

I released a this moment a stable 7r6, sorry!
What means stable? I know the sense in Physics: stable is the point
of lagrangian minimum in the potential energy U(x). I, normally, find
stable point taking first derivate and solving the equation:

                U'(x)=dU(x)/dx = 0

A stationary point will be called "stable" if it is a minimum, i.e.
the second derivative U''(x) is positive. If, viceversa, it is a maximum,
it is "unstable". There is also "metastable" point, in the stable one
is in a small hollow, as in the center point in a 'M' character.

Mmmm ... maybe 7r6 is a metastable release: a little bug and he will
bringh in unstable state.

> Buon Natale e Buone feste!

Oh Tannembaum!