RE: Modem not responding in Mulinux v6r4.

From: R. Venkateswaran (venki@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 18:01:24 CET

> Hello, Venki, please let me know: do you have tried using
> 57600
> directly in the ppp setup? Do not works?

Michele,

Actually, PPP works fine if I use ppp-on script and setup ppp connection
rate to 19200. (ppp does not work if I set it to 38400 or higher). But, ppp
does not work when I try manual login through miterm, unless I set the
baud_base to 57600. Of course, this is only required for 14.4 kbps modem.
On my laptop which has a 28.8 modem, I did not have to do anything to the
baud_base setting.

I think, it might be a good idea to have a baud_base setting feature in the
port configuration script so that users will be able to set the value if
they want.