Re: startup problems

From: jeremy@visi.com
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 16:49:08 CET

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 03:16:31PM +0000, Stephen Isard wrote:
> Ok, thanks, I'll peer inside (but why does the dirt affect just this
> particular operation....?)

That would most likely be because working on 1.7 mb floppies requires
greater precision than working on 1.44 mb floppies. There is less
margin for error, basically. So, the X% loss of precision isn't
enough to hose the 1.44 operations, but is enough to screw up
the 1.7 mb ops.

I'll also suggest my voodoo solution of reseating the floppy drive
cable. Once upon a time, it fixed a problem for me. *shrug*

Good Luck!

Jeremy