386sx with 5 MB too slow?

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 18:15:24 CET

On 14.12.99, 18:04:45, Kochenburger Andreas wrote:

> Just for fun I once tried to install mulinux on a 5MB 386SX.
> It did not work. It was too slow.

Andreas, are you sure everything was installed correctly?

I first tried muLinux on my old 386SX with 4MB but with an
(incredibly expensive) 80387 and all worked fine except of X.

Next I 'upgraded' :-D to an 386DX without coprocessor but with
8 MB and there I was even able to run the X11 with 16 colors.

I am not sure but IMHO it should be possible to run muLinux on
your 386SX _if_ you just could manage to let it have 8 MB instead
of that 5MB.

Regards
    Karl-Heinz

--
"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is
 Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost