Re: Mulinux features

From: Telecom Tom (tom.scott@veda-home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 01:14:14 CET

On Mon 13 Dec 1999 winsor wrote:
> BTW *grin* is Dave at the LRP a billionaire too, or the authors of any
> of the other linux or BSD based "floppy routers" out there???

Anyone who can implement MPLS switching/routing on Linux or BSD will
be considered, rightfully so, a wizard in the telecom industry. Will
he/she be a billionaire? Sure why not. Bill Gates did it and all he
had going for him was DOS and Windows. QED

But seriously, MPLS will be *the* thing in getting packets around the
Internet in the very near future. It will do QoS, differentiated
services, and multimedia for maybe 1% of what it would cost in the
ATM-based circuit-switched networks run by the phone companies.

Look at the URLs I listed below.

--Ciao, TT
Tom Nelson Scott tom.scott@veda-home.com
The Veda Home Company Bowling Green, Ohio USA
"In IP We Trust" "E Pluribus Unix"