Re: Modem not responding in Mulinux v6r4.

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 22:54:19 CET

Although I'm not sure exactly what's going on here you may wish to try
connecting "raw"
try (from the command prompt)

echo "ATDT555-1212/n" >/dev/ttys?
or /dev/cua?
with the "?" being your port number
if your modems working at all this should attempt to dial directory
assistance.........of course use cntrl-C to end the connection.
This won't get you connected via PPP but will at least tell you that
your port is "talking" to the external modem......even if all you hear
is a few clicks

Good Luck
signed
winsor