Re: mu [Tcl bugs]

From: Tom Poindexter (tpoindex@nyx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 05:02:01 CET

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 03:18:03AM +0000, Dave Houghton wrote:

> tkftp..
> the maximise/restore button bindings are not working correctly, it just shifts the position on the screen rather than going full screen/restore.

I assume you mean using the window manager's maximize functions? I'll take
a quite look. The author will have a new version shortly, not sure if that is
something addressed. This could also be due to the particular Tk geometry
manager that was used.

I also may have introduced some sizing bugs in trying to make the apps fit
on a VGA-sized X window.

> vmail...
> doesn't handle messages sent in multipart/alternate format. It just gives error message and then creates blank entries dated somewhere in the 1970's. This happens when you either read the message or attempt to re-sort the messages by date, sender etc.
>
> Any chance of adding defered send to vmail 'cause it's a real pain in the .... having to be on-line to compose/send replys individualy, though not as big a pain as I am eh?

I'll look into the multipart bug. It could be because of my hacked mmencode
program.

The online/offline problem might be more of a long term effort.

For any budding code tweakers out there, consider adopting vmail. It's a
fairly large app with lots of features which could use polishing. I tried
to bring it up to speed just to send/read simple text messages, and did
some work on the newsreader side. An alternative would be to use
other mail & news programs. There use to be a TkMail that was pure Tcl,
later versions made use of Perl for some things, and it aslo grew into
TkRat, a full featured mail agent, but uses extensive amount of C extensions.
Vmail docs said some of it came from TkMail also.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex@nyx.net