xwindows failure

From: chris wakefield (chriswakefield@telus.net)
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 06:22:44 CET

Hi guys! Greetings from Canada!
I'm a newbie with a compaq 333mhz, 64 meg ram, with a PS/2 bus
mouse(2button).
I installed mulinux on two floppies / & X11.
With <startx> command all I get is a blank blue screen with a movable
vertical line for a mouse pointer.
With <reboot> command at that blank screen, mulinux will reboot.
I have reinstalled so many times on the floppies, I can't remember which
mouse setting I used, but I think it was PS/2 (aux style).
I am not a programmer, but am excited about using mulinux as a starting
point.
Any suggestions, Thanks,
Chris in Victoria, B.C., Canada.