Re: Install took a long time...

From: Enyedi Szilárd (szilard@maria.utcluj.ro)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 21:42:45 CET

Hi there!
I'm usually just "monitoring" the list passively, but the problem below
showed up also on my 486 DX 33, UMC MB, 4 M RAM and 40 M HDD.
When the install (DOSfs) arrives till USR, it hangs, but the HDD keeps
working. I let it running one night, but the USR still wasn't installed. And
here comes the X-Files part: the same install worked perfectly on another
machine, which happens to be a CX PR200, TX430, 64M RAM, 540M HDD. Don't
know why, but it just feels the 40M HDD is the matter. Why does it keep
working?

Can't tell you the mu version, had some filename problems with
Linux/DOS/WinNT4 and now I have only mulinu~1.tgz :-) Gotta download v7
somehow...