Re: TCL addon

From: Tom Poindexter (tpoindex@nyx.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:34:33 CET

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 06:00:13AM -0800, jason wrote:

> Anyone know where the TCL addon can be obtained? Am i just
> not reading the screen?

It's not available yet, at least the one that I'm building. I'm currently
in the process of picking among many great applications & making small tweaks
to the programs, to help cut down on size, or fix minor bugs.
It will probably be one or two weeks before I make it available for testing.

I'm packing about 5.5 mb of code into a single 1770kb bzip'ed tar file.
Not to worry too much about filesystem space, as I'm keeping individual
programs compressed, and uncompressing them on the fly as they are
executed. Even Tcl library code gets compressed. I'm aiming for
3200-3500 blocks or so of filesystem space required. Of course this
also includes the Tcl/Tk interpreters.

Here's a short list of the types of programs I'm including, they are all
X11 based (on Tcl's wish interpreter):

        text editors, rpn calculator, spreadsheet, news reader, mail (/w pop3)
        reader, firewall manager, socket tool, visual ftp, irc & mud clients,
        html editor, web server /w tcl scripting, games (tetris, minesweeper,
        breakout, invaders, solitaire, poker, etc.), dictionary client,
        stopwatch, md5 calculator, file manager, sun plotter, starmap,
        object drawing, entity relationship editor, & tcl develevopment
        tools (console, visual app builder, debugger)

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex@nyx.net