saving profile glitch

From: mark david mcCreary (mdm@internet-tools.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 17:03:31 CET

I am making progress on using MuLinux, and I can install and configure
version 6.4 ok, and the machine works fine.

I take the option to save the setup, and when I re-boot, then not all my
configuration parameters get re-set correctly.

For instance, the ifconfig network portion does get set up correctly.

When I look at the profile, the broadcast address is saved wrong. I
entered 38.153.179.255.

# Parameter section
CARD='3c59x'
MODULE_PARAMETERS=''
IPADDR='38.153.179.99'
GATEWAY='38.153.179.1'
NAMESERVER='38.153.179.2'
NETWORK='38.153.179.0'
NETMASK='255.255.255.0'
BROADCAST='192.168.1.255'
METHOD='2'
# Hidden section

And it seems to have saved 192.168.1.255

Although I have set this up correctly, and it was working the first time.

Not sure if this being a Class A network is causing any problems.

In additon, the name server definition in /etc/resolv.conf does not get set
correctly.

I can get around this problem by running ifconfig by hand, and editing the
file, but it sure would be nice to get around this glitch.

Does anybody have any suggestions ?

Thanks

mark