Re: [mu TECH] Trackball mouse?

From: Daniel Brooks (brooksd@milwaukee.tec.wi.us)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 03:45:34 CEST

At 9/10/99 11:10:00 PM, Michele wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 01:18:14PM -0600, Daniel Brooks wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> Does anyone know what /dev/??? to use for the trackball on my laptop?

Success! After some trial and error I managed to get my trackball working
using /dev/ttyS0. X now starts on my Epson ActionNote 600c without
needing to edit any config files!!

>> I don't want to take Michele
>> away from the great work he is doing and I know this was not the original
>> intentions behind muLinux but it works so well that it would be nice to be
>> able to expand a little. Maybe the package tools could be included on
>> the EXT addon disk and the packages could be available as seperate
>> downloads. Just something to think about.
>>

>muLinux born as a single floppy with hacking personality: it was my
>living block-notes, a collection of tips an tricks about scripting, boot
>process and boot loader experiments, embedded and unusual systems
>application, and so on.
>
>His structure reflect this original intention.
>
>To keep update a true distro, with a complete set of packages,
>is a complex task, and requires an equipe of volontaires,
>and less rustic but more professional work.
>
>Michele

With my recent personal breakthroughs I think I am ready to
move up to a bigger distro. Although I still am not ready to
play with disk partitioning. For this reason I am looking at
ZipSlack from Slackware, a 100Mb UMSDOS install.

I would like to thank everyone on the list for any help I gained.
And a big thank you to Michele for muLinux. I think muLinux
has helped clarify alot about Linux in general. If I can return
the favor in any way I will.

Daniel Brooks