Re: mulinux-6r4.tgz un-tar problem?

From: jeremy@visi.com
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 18:34:59 CEST

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 09:24:04AM -0700, Karl Tipple wrote:

> Previously, FAT 32 and LINUX could NOT coexist well on the
> same box - EVEN on separate drives! Attempting to do this
> could render BOTH operating systems UNBOOTABLE!

Not since redhat 5.0 or so.

I've been running redhat 5.1 w/ext2fs on my secondardy drive,
and fat32 on my primary drive.

In _what_ way could the redhat install make the fat32 disk
unstable, if it is not mounted?

I regularly transfer files between the two drives without
any problem at all. When the fat32 volume is mounted as type
vfat, even long file names are translated properly.

I've found no stability problems whatsoever.

Jeremy