Re: [SETUP ANSWER] IP forwarding and masquerading

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 12:44:33 CEST

Hello Jeremy,

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 11:39:24PM -0500, Jeremy wrote:

> Basically, diald works on demand--out of the box. Using the
> setup menu which MuLinux provides on the first book, I
> configured most of the system. It did not, however, give
> me IP forwarding right away. To do so, I had to set up
> custom ipfwadm rules, which I put in my rc.local.

I'm happy for you, if your muLinux box work, but I wish to
understand WHY the standard muLinux "setup ipfwadm" does not
works itself. If you have ipothesis, please send me.
Why the ethernet card is not well configured by standard setup?
What the errors?

> This config took us about 8 total hours to figure out, ~12
> bottles of beer (Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss, Pete's Wicked
> Strawberry Blonde, and Leinenkugel's Red), 1 Pizza Hut
> New Yorker pizza (1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 sausage), 1 order of
> bread sticks (also from Pizza hut), a total of 6 fingers of
> Orkney Islands scotch, every profane word in English and Spanish
> which we know, and many sneers and snide comments from my wife.

Karl-Heinz (khz), do something: Jeremy don't like wines ....

Ciao!