muLinux and Beyond.

From: Oli Norwell (oli@oundle-uk.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 21:21:37 CEST

Hello all,

Recently I downloaded and succesfully installed muLinux. I was very
impressed by how easily it installed and with a bit of fiddling about I have
now got X-Windows working. I am new to Linux and am impressed with it, I
have used the "Clone" command on my PC and now have a copy of muLinux on my
HD. I have set it up with 64mb swap file.

But what I want to do now is to somehow use X-Windows in 256 or more colours
and at a higher resolution (800x600). Id also like to be able to install
some of the programs that I have downloaded from freshmeat.net. But these
are all source distributions and I don't have GCC to compile them with. I
don't want to re-partition my harddisk to install a new fuller Linux and are
happy with muLinux, is there anyway I can do all this with muLinux.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oli Norwell.
"Linux newbie!"