Re: mu [6r3] Bugs

From: Dave Houghton (davehoughton@g0mxw.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 14:25:37 CEST

Michele,

I got the same errors with 6r4 i.e. when setup or clone tried to create
any
new directories under / no space on device reported. df indicates 109
free 1k blocks under /.
Problem was that I fully configured everything at first boot before
trying
to clone to hard disk. Setting up with only minimal configuration and
then
cloning solved the problem and new version of X-windows now works o.k.
as
well.
With 109k free on root ramdisk with full configuration giving no space
errors does this mean that we are up to the limit of the file allocation
table despite having free blocks ??
If this is the case then with a ram based fully configured muLinux you
will not be able to run many apps that write to any directory/file under
/.

Dave