[mu TECH] multi-user and other upgrades

From: Gerhard Thimm (gthimm@zbw.ch)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 13:19:05 CEST

Ok, this is against the spirit of mulinix, (sorry michele)

But there is a magic in mulinux, why not install it permanently?

An easy way to boost up mulinux: copy bins from a libc5 based
distribution to mulinux. Copy it to the same tree-positions.

for a multi-user-login, you need at least:
passwd (binary, not in mulinux till yet)
login (binary, this replaces mic's script!!! backup recommended!!!)
login.conf (etc)

this works, but you loose command-history!!!
also copy bash, but you need ...
and so on and on ...
at the end, you copied a lot of debian, redhat, dld, suse or what ever.
You can learn a lot about Unix-Systems, but you need a lot of time too.

Perhaps, it is easier to install a big distribution, but I know the
feeling after this. What is this? Can I erase this? Is this really
needed?

So, have fun with (mu)linux
Gerhard