Re: [mu ANNOUNCE ] 6r1 bug fixed + SCSI support

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Sat May 22 1999 - 19:39:12 CEST

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 12:09:31AM -0400, Brett G. Castleberry wrote:
> Greetings, this is just to report that when I ran install.bat for 6.0,
> "Bellini", my 486 froze after Mulinux made the boot floppy, at the place
> where one has the choice of testing x11, skipping the test, or aborting the
> creation of the x11 floppy. This has not happened to me previously. Has
> anyone else seen this?

After some test, I'm convinced: the little bug appairs on my 486, but
not in my Pentium. mah!

A single LITTLE statement in /etc/rc.prep-floppy produce that: a "sync" command
after the BASE floppy copy!! Linux users can fix by hand.

Anyway, "direct" UMSDOS installation work and the bug don't affect
the Linux installers.

I'm going to upload the 6r1 release on FLUG (Firenze, not Friburg)

New in this release:

        1) push/pop support in the shell (by Ed. Hynan)
        2) SCSI support (EXT floppy, "setup scsi")

Please: I can test myself only IOMEGA Zip scsi device. Any feedback
are welcome.

Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?
						-- Woody Allen