Re: FW: [mu SETUP] installation problems [ english ]

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 18:45:11 CEST

Wirasinghe,Marco wrote:

> ISSUE: 3c509 Configuration
>
> Hi there everyone. I just tested out the 3c509 configuration with ""
> for the io & irq question during installation - and IT WORKED ! I got
> an address from a DHCP server. Great going everyone ! I appreciate all
> the help in this. Special thanx to all those who helped on the issue -
> espicaially:
>
> (in no particular order - <grin>)
>
> Winsor
> Gordon Doherty.
>
> Thank you for this help in getting the eth device up and running.
> What's funny is i ran into another problem. I selected the dhcpd
> option, but i didn't get a place to specify my hostname (except in the
> dummy network area, but this didn't work). Any ideas on how to
> configure that information with anything ? (config file somewhere to
> specify a hostname ?)
>
> sincerely,
> marco
try
cd /etc
then
ae HOSTNAME

This file is read by the startup scripts
ae is the tiny editor supplied and it works great
I've played with a lot of tiny linux distributions and have found that
virtually everything to want to er uh "experiment":) with is in the /etc
directory as far as your base system goes.
Good luck
and I'm happy to have been some help
winsor