AW: [mu SETUP]

From: Kochenburger Andreas (Andreas.Kochenburger@khe.siemens.de)
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 08:03:20 CEST

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michele Andreoli [mailto:andreoli@pisoft.it]
Gesendet am: Montag, 26. April 1999 17:31
An: mulinux@lists.linux.it
Betreff: Re: [mu SETUP]

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 08:50:07AM +0200, Kochenburger Andreas wrote:
> My installation stopped with a kernel panic
> complaining about not being able to mount VFS as root.
> I suspect that I need a vfat fs driver module. Is this true?

No: vfat/msdos/umsdos are embedded in the kernel, because of
clone feature capablities.

muLinux work in RAM?
<snip>

No!
But it is resolved now after booting DOS6.22 from a disk first.
I suspect that the kernel cannot be installed from DOS7.1.
Amazingly once it is cloned (UMSDOS) it works nevertheless
via loadlin from DOS7.1.
BTW X.11 does not work but I suspect my mach64 chipset is the
cause for that, anyhow it should understand VGA16 mode :-(
Andreas