Re: [mu OT + TECH + SETUP]Hi guys

From: Andrea Manzini (linux@netbusiness.it)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 09:58:03 CEST

While I was hacking, Ben Weatherall wrote:

> Okay then how about hospital machines, they 'decide' when to alert doctors
> and nurses. Some even make calls on how much medication to give patients.
> And then theres air control, much of that can be done by AI now.

our hospitals administration are the perfect example of A.I. (Artificial
Idiocy) , but this is not on topic, so let's pass over :)

> Incidentally, anyone know how to copy a downloaded X11.tgz file to a Linux
> formatted floppy using Win95 or MSDOS?
>
> since the file won't fit in a single 1.44 floppy, just split in two archives
> using pkzip, winzip, arj, rar or what is your favourite compressor.
>
> so then the Linux setup will accept the files from the disks even though
> they will be MSDOS formatted and not MULinux formatted?

from DOS, unpack the splitted archives in a directory of your hard
disk, unzip the 'dostools.zip' package in the same directory and launch
'install.bat', which will read mulinuxNN.tgz, x11.tgz and will make the 1.7
floppies, or directly the UMSDOS tree.
In a few words, follow the istructions for the DOS installation :)

--
       Andrea Manzini         | "D'ogni cosa la parte ritiene in se' la natura
linux registered user #104528 |  del tutto" (Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519)