Re: [mu SETUP/ITALIAN] 3c515

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 23:36:35 CEST

Am 06.04.1999, 21:18:52, schrieb Matteo Marchelli:

> At 20.28 06/04/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >> Un saggio una volta ha detto:
> >> "Meglio tacere e passare da sciocchi
> >> che aprire la bocca e togliere ogni dubbio" 8)
> >
> >Say it in german: "O si tacuisses - philosophus mansisses!"

> Sorry Sorry!! >8(
> I try: "It's a better choice to say nothing and be
           suspected of idioty, than to speak and leave
           all doubts apart"

Ciao Matteo!

See how good it was, that i asked for translation: i really
misunderstood the little world 'sciochi' wrong, thought it was a
positive(!) word. :-)

This could have caused some confusion (and anger) in case i had used
that nice word in one of my next E-Mails meaning to say something

Fine, fine that you explained it...

Bye,

   Karl-Heinz (who at least TRIES to understand your language)