Re: Tools: bzexe

From: Johannes Niess (j.niess@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 17:39:58 CEST

At 07:12 PM 3/31/99 +0200, Sebastien HUET wrote:
>Andrea Manzini wrote:
>
>< Perhaps is a good method to achieve some space on the ramdisks :)
>
>Or for umsdos/ext2 installation.

We introduce redundancy with self extracting executables: Every executable
has the same self extracting code.

AFAIK there are plans to enhance zlib support (compressed filesystems) in
the 2.3 kernels. If we are lucky, file system compression is included in a
very early kernel (let's say 2.3.10) that is still reliable and compatible
to 2.2 before everything is messed up in later versions.

Johannes Niess