xfree86 configuration

From: Daniel Brooks (brooksd@milwaukee.tec.wi.us)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 01:35:12 CET

Greetings

When I start X it loads but then dumps me back to the command line without displaying any graphics. How/what do I change in the
xf86config file so that it will recognize my card and display (Chips Tech. 655xx, LCD display), what information do I need to know
about my display so that I can tell X about my system. I am using muLinux (thanks to the linux-laptop list member for the suggestion)
which is allowing me to explore Linux before I actually implement, but without the GUI I just get lost in the directory structure and
find it hard to really evaluate the possibilities. Is there an existing config file that I can use or modify?

So much to learn!
Uncle Dan