Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] Graphics WWW browser + GCC addon

From: salva (SInsalaco@fabernet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 19:15:25 CET

Michele Andreoli <andreoli@pisoft.it> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 04:59:58PM +0100, salva wrote:
> >
> > I see that you've followed my suggestion: good :)
> > Now, what else?
> > I could try to implement JPEG browsing, if what you say is true...
> >

> I can send You "chimera" source: is very small; the programming style
> is limpid, but Author unsupport them (because Netscape & companion
> outclass this stuff, I believe). You know Xt, so that is food for
> your keyboard, mon ami ... (segue in e-mail)

Well I've the chiemra 2.0alpha15 sources...
It support gif, xpm, jpeg ad even png!!!!!
The only problem is that, for jpeg and png support it requires libjpeg
and libpng, that are quite large (100k each one).
I think that you have not to own the last versions, so older and
smaller versions could be ok...
Other than that, the program doesn't requires all the libjpeg and
libpng functions, only the basic ones, so, with a good strip-and-cut
work they'll be ok... :)
I think that putting chimera in the GCC disk is not a good idea...
It's not logical!
It's better to put it in a propietary disk, with, maybe, a graphical
mail, news, and ftp pakage (and also a html editor with sintax
highliting...).
A "X Internet" disk...
Consider that chimera, with HTML 3.2, png, gif, jpeg ad xpm doesn't
differ too much from netscape without java...
Having it in a floppy could be a must!
By the way...
Are you using the standard Athena witget?
Could you not use aw3d, for example: i think that it isn't a lot
larger, but it would be a lot better!

Bye

salva

p.s. WINE? :D